Winemaker Dinner Series Announced for Celebrate Walla Walla Valley Wine — The World of Syrah
WALLA WALLA, WA — Tickets are on sale now for Celebrate Walla Walla Valley Wine — The World of Syrah collaborative Winemaker Dinner Series on June 17. Attendees will experience an exclusive evening in the Walla Walla Valley as winemakers and local and guest chefs band together to create extraordinary, intimate, food and wine experiences. A limited number of seats are offered at the dinner tables of six winery locations throughout the Walla Walla Valley:
- Passatempo Taverna Wine Studio will create a rustic four-course Italian dinner paired with wines by The Walls Vineyards and Delmas, focusing on Syrahs from the Walla Walla Valley’s sub-AVA, The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater.
- Woodward Canyon and L’Ecole Nâ° 41 will host a progressive dinner with appetizers by Chef Sager Small of Woodward Canyon’s Reserve House and a 4-course meal created by the talented Chef Rich Koby of Fat Duck Inn and Plow & Vine at L’Ecole Nâ° 41.
- Chef Jake Crenshaw of Olive Marketplace and Café will collaborate with Dunham Cellars, Amavi Cellars, and Dusted Valley Vintners to prepare a delicious meal with creatively paired wines from all three producers. Guests will have the opportunity to mingle with the winemakers and principals and learn why Syrah is quickly becoming one of the Valley’s most popular varietals.
- Kontos Cellars, Skylite Cellars, Ardor Cellars, and Solemn Cellars will collaborate with Chef Emry of The “Q” to put together a fantastic meal that will be paired with their personality-driven wines. This intimate dinner will be held at the Kontos Cellars tasting room in the heart of downtown Walla Walla.
- Chef Zoe Shaw of Rhizome Feasts will provide a bountiful farm-to-table dinner featuring fresh local ingredients at Tranche Cellars along with Walla Walla Vintners and Aluvé. Attendees will savor an intimate, one-of-a-kind evening as these exceptional wineries come together at the Base of the Blue Mountains.
- Two winemakers and two chefs team-up for a rocking dinner experience by Winemakers Trey Busch and Jamie Brown of Sleight of Hand Cellars and Waters Winery and Chefs Andrae Bopp and Joshua Henderson of Andrae’s Kitchen and Huxley Wallace Collective.
All six winemaker dinners will be held on Saturday, June 17, from 6:00-9:00p.m.* for $125 per ticket.
*Passatempo Taverna Wine Studio will host dinner from 6:30-9:30p.m.
“The Winemaker Dinner Series offers attendees an insider’s experience. It’s a rare opportunity to wine and dine with winemakers while enjoying cuisine prepared by some of Walla Walla’s most celebrated chefs,” said Heather Unwin, Executive Director of the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance. “Patrons have a range of authentic Walla Walla experiences that are as varied and as engaging as the wines—you might find yourself gazing over breathtaking vineyards, touring iconic wineries, or immersed in a hip downtown restaurant.”
The Winemaker Dinner Series is the grand finale of the three-day Celebrate Walla Walla Valley Wine event, which begins the evening of Thursday, June 15.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Vintage Pour | Canoe Ridge Vineyard | 4:30-6:30 p.m. | Tickets: $85
Friday, June 16, 2017
Kick-off Event | Gesa Power House Theater | 8:30-10:00 a.m. | Complimentary Tickets
Winemaker Panel Presentations and Tastings | Marcus Whitman Hotel | 3:00-5:00 p.m. | Tickets: $65
Syrah Grand Tasting & Dinner | Whitman College | 5:30-9:00 p.m. | Tickets: $125
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Winemaker Dinners around the Walla Walla Valley | 6:00-9:00 p.m. | Tickets: $125
Tickets are now on sale at www.CelebrateWallaWalla.com.
Celebrate Walla Walla Valley Wine — The World of Syrah is made possible by:
- Wine & Spirits Magazine
- Trysk Print Solutions
- Banner Bank
- KAPP, KVEW, KXLY
- The Seattle Times
- Walla Walla Union-Bulletin
- Sip Northwest
- Columbia REA
- ETS Laboratories
- WCP Solutions
- Pacific Power
- Port of Walla Walla
- Walla Walla County
- City of Walla Walla
About the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance
The Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance is a non-profit wine industry membership organization whose primary mission is the marketing of the Walla Walla Valley’s American Viticultural Area (AVA). The Wine Alliance functions as the leading informational resource for consumers, media and trade interested in learning more about the Valley’s wine industry.
Executive Director, Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance
email@example.com | (509) 526-3117 office
Communications & Marketing Manager, Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance firstname.lastname@example.org | (509) 526-3117 office