2023 Itinerary Series
The Wander Walla Walla Valley campaign is designed to inform and influence wine tourists during the fall and early winter months. The itineraries focus on “doing what the locals do” and include what the winemaker drinks, eats and enjoys in and around Walla Walla. Participating winemakers will be asked to integrate a “theme” into their itinerary.
1. Encourage visitors to Walla Walla during the “shoulder season”.
2. Showcase the personalities of wineries and the people behind the brands with authentic programming.
Target Audiences: Seattle, Portland, Boise, Spokane, Vancouver, Montana
The 2022 campaign resulted in over 965,000 impressions on social media channels.
The Wine Alliance will promote the event series with concerted public relations endeavors, and marketing and social media efforts to target markets, including Boise, Portland, Seattle, Spokane, and more.
We will provide participating wineries and businesses marketing assets for the promotion of the program.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Itineraries are hosted online, and attendees can download an itinerary of their choice.
The itineraries are positioned as marketing content. Visitors use the information in many different ways, they follow exact days, or use multiple to piece together a full weekend. Itineraries will also be presented in blog and other content formats to engage consumers online.
During the 2022 Wander Campaign, over 1,000 itinerary downloads took place. Wanderers engaged with over 80 local businesses and community attractions including member wineries in the Walla Walla Valley.
- DATES: The itineraries are available for wandering from October 1 – December 17.
- FIRST-TIME PARTICIPANTS: The program will be limited to 8 or less itineraries. First priority will be given to those who were not part of previous Wander programs.
- CHECK-IN UPDATE: In past years of this program, Wanderers have checked in at hosting wineries to receive special perks. This year, we are not requiring guests to check in and wineries are not required to offer any perks. Each host winery will be given Wander materials for the duration of the program.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE REGISTER HERE by Friday, September 1.
We are asking winemaker itineraries to be centered on a theme, options below, to help guide guests through the region.
1. Varietal or Style Focus: Bordeaux/Rhone, single vineyard, low intervention, The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater
2. Arts & Culture: visual arts, music, architecture, history
3. Outdoor Activity: birding, biking, skiing/snowshoeing, golfing, views
4. Culinary: agritourism, food trucks, international flavors
5. Other themes of your creation
View examples of 2023 itineraries HERE.
Please fill out the following form to download the requested file