Employer: Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance (WWVWA)
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Status: Full-time exempt
Compensation: $41,000 - $45,000 DOQ plus benefits
Location: Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance Office
5 West Alder, Suite 241
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Reports to: Executive Director
Events are a key tool utilized by the WWVWA to market and promote the Walla Walla Valley wine region. Local and out-of-town events are used to promote wine tourism to the Walla Walla Valley and the wines produced by members of the WWVWA member wineries to consumers, media and the trade. At present, WWVWA events include:
- Walla Walla Wine @ Seattle (300 trade/media and 400 consumers)
- Walla Walla Wine @ Portland (300 trade/media and 400 consumers)
- Reveal Walla Walla Valley wine trade auction (5 sessions over 2 days)
- Celebrate Walla Walla Valley Wine (3-day event with 600 attendees)
- Barrel Full of Money charitable fundraiser wine reception and auction (150 attendees)
The Event Coordinator (EC) will work closely with the Executive Director and Communications and Marketing Manager in planning and facilitating all aspects of these events, including management of both consumer and industry participation, as well as participation by WWVWA members. The EC must possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as an ability to work independently, while still meeting the objectives laid out in the WWVWA long-term and annual strategic plans.
The position will spend 50% of time on event logistics, planning and execution; 25% of time on administrative and support functions; 15% of time on Wine Guide and event advertising; and 10% of time on sponsor and volunteer development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Communications and Marketing Manager in developing the annual marketing plan and budget.
- Plan and conduct all event components, including venue selection, ticket sales, catering, volunteer coordination, budget, set-up and tear-down, and obtaining liquor licenses and permits when necessary.
- Develop, maintain, and report weekly on event budgets.
- Track event participants and attendees; develop and maintain KPI data and report weekly.
- Occasionally make presentations on event plans and past event reports at quarterly, mid-annual and annual membership meetings.
- Communicate event participation information and needs to WWVWA members.
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Manager with the production of the annual Walla Walla Valley Winery Guide. Responsibilities may include gathering winery, grower and partner member information, editing, and advertising sales.
- Assist the Executive Director and Communications and Marketing Manager in the day-to-day management of the WWVWA office, including handling incoming phone calls, information requests, various administrative duties and other responsibilities as they arise.
- Work closely with independent event contractors and venue managers.
- Two plus years of relevant event planning and management experience in a non-profit organization, private business, or PR/marketing agency. Event experience should include ticket sales, budgeting, vendor management, venue selection, and travel and volunteer coordination for events with over 200 attendees. Wine industry experience preferred.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in hospitality, communications, journalism, business, tourism, or related discipline preferred.
- Vendor and consultant management experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including social media, written, phone, presentation, and interpersonal. Written skills should include ability to write creatively, accurately, and in correct English language prose.
- Ability to effectively develop and manage annual events marketing plans and budget.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours during evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Computer proficiency – Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Social media skills required (e.g., Facebook, Instagram and twitter)
- Ability to represent the WWVWA and its membership in a positive, professional and mature manner.
- Ability to operate under tight time constraints and occasional stressful conditions.
- Ability to occasionally travel outside of the Walla Walla Valley.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Personal vehicle required.
*Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé and letter of interest to email@example.com
. This position will remain open until filled. The WWVWA is an equal opportunity employer.
Grapes for Sale
No current listings. Please check back soon!