People come to Walla Walla with intent. They don’t just happen across our valley. We are hundreds of miles from Seattle or Portland, and even further from other metropolitan centers. So this is, by definition, a destination. Walla Walla forms an oasis in the desert, both in a literal sense and as a metaphor for thoroughly satisfying experiences. It is captivating enough that everyone comes back, and some people never want to leave. Walla Walla is a short, 50-minute direct flight from Seattle via Alaska Airlines. This is how you can get here.
From Seattle, Washington (273 miles, approx. travel time is 4.5 to 5 hrs.)
From Portland, Oregon (248 miles, approx. travel time is 4 to 4.5 hrs.)
- Take “I-90” east toward Spokane.
- Take Exit #110 “I-82 East” following signs to Yakima.
- Take Exit #102 “1-82/12 East” toward Richland/Pasco.
- Travel through the Tri-Cities following signs for Walla Walla.
- Just past Boise Cascade (on your right) cross one more bridge and bend left to a stop. Turn left toward Lowden, Touchet and Walla Walla.
- Continue east for 30 miles east to Walla Walla.
From Spokane, Washington (181 miles, approx. travel time is 3 hrs.)
- Take “Highway 84” east following signs for The Dalles.
- Take Exit #168 “Highway 730” to Walla Walla and Umatilla.
- “Highway 730 East” turns into “Highway 12.”
- Continue east on “Highway 12” until your reach Walla Walla
From Boise, Idaho (258 miles, approx. Travel time is 4 hrs.)
- Merge onto I-90 W toward Seattle. (travel 59.6 miles)
- Merge onto US-395 S via Exit 220 toward Pasco. (travel 74.0 miles)
- Merge onto US-12 E toward Walla Walla. (travel 45.7 miles)
- Merge onto I-84 W out of Boise (travel 213.1 miles)
- Take the US-30 exit, EXIT 213, toward Pendleton City CTR./National Historic District (travel 0.5 miles)
- Stay straight to go onto US-30 (travel 1.2 miles)
- Take the OR-11 N ramp toward Milton Freewater (travel 0.1 miles)
- Turn right onto OR-11 (travel 27.4 miles)
- Turn slight right onto OR-11 N/S Columbia St. Continue to follow OR-11 N (Crossing into Washington) (travel 4.7 miles)
- OR-11 N becomes WA-125 N (travel 5.2 miles)
Additional Dining, Lodging, and Community Information
Tourism Walla Walla
The Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce
Downtown Walla Walla Foundation